Our Favourite Recipes
Vegan Tacos with Bolognese Sauce
Mexico meets Italy in this quick and tasty dish. Vibrant peppers and nutty beans give our rich, hearty Sacla' Vegan Bolognese Sauce even more flavour. Make sure the taco shells are nice and crisp for the perfect contrast of textures.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red & 1 orange pepper - finely chopped
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 1 jar Sacla’ Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- 8 vegan tacos
For the topping:
- 1-2 avocados, halved, stoned and chopped tossed with lemon juice to stop discoloration
- 1 red onion, finely sliced (soaked in water for 5 mins)
- Small handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 250ml single cream alternative
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the pepper and cook for 4-5 mins until soft. Stir in the black beans and Sacla’ Vegan Bolognese Sauce and simmer gently until hot.
- Sit the taco shells on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 2 mins until warm.
- Spoon the Bolognese mixture into each taco shell.
- Mix the vegan cream with a squeeze of lemon juice to sour.
- Top each taco with avocado, red onion and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Serve with a lime wedge and a drizzle of the soured cream.