Our Favourite Recipes
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Pesto Shawarma
- 4 small carrots, scrubbed or peeled & halved lengthways
- 6 small new potatoes, skins left on, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & quartered
- 2 small red onions, peeled, halved & each cut into 3
- 2 small courgettes, trimmed & cut lengthways into 4
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jar Sacla’ Vegan Tomato Pesto
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 tbsp. dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 8.
- Toss all the vegetables together in the large roasting tin or ovenproof dish with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the Tomato Pesto, cumin, paprika, and salt & pepper.
- As the pepper and courgettes will take less time to cook than the other vegetables, remove them to a plate to cook later.
- Cover the tin or dish with foil and roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes, using a spoon to turn everything in the oily juices after 15 minutes.
- Dry the chickpeas on kitchen paper, discard any skins which come off, then place on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle over the cumin, season with salt & pepper and shake well to coat with the oil and seasonings.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Shake a couple of times so the chickpeas cook evenly until crisp and golden.
- Add the courgettes and pepper to the rest of the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Cover again with foil. Cook for 15 minutes or until everything is golden and tender when poked with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, and seasoning together in a bowl. If it’s too thick to drizzle, just stir in a splash of cold water to get the right consistency.
- Warm the wraps, if using, directly on one of the oven shelves for 1 minute.
- To serve, put the wraps on plates, divide half the yoghurt between them and arrange all the vegetables on top. Scatter over the chickpeas, drizzle with the rest of the yoghurt, a little oil, and sprinkle with the paprika.