Our Favourite Recipes
Spaghetti with Butter, Cheese & Black Pepper
Spaghetti with butter, cheese and black pepper… so simple, yet so satisfying! This classic Roman primo is all about ingredients and technique. Melt the cheese, butter and a little of the pasta water into a creamy sauce, then toss with the liberally seasoned pasta.
- 300g Rapida Spaghetti by Rustichella
- 60g butter
- 60g vegetarian hard cheese
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Mix the butter and vegetarian hard cheese in a small pan.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 90 seconds.
- Meanwhile, ladle around 120ml of cooking water into the butter and vegetarian cheese mix.
- Over a low heat, stir the butter, vegetarian hard cheese and water until it reaches a creamy consistency, adding more cooking water to loosen it, or more cheese to thicken it.
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti well.
- Turn off the heat and stir the pasta through the creamy sauce.
- Add plenty of black pepper, and salt to taste
- Transfer to a serving dish before enjoying.