Our Favourite Recipes
Penne with Basil Pesto, Pancetta & Parmesan
Classic Italian ingredients mean classic Italian flavours in this easy-to-make but satisfying pasta recipe. Use good quality pancetta or dry-cured streaky bacon, plus a handful of fruity black olives, to add bursts of moreish flavour.
- 200g penne pasta
- 4 thin slices pancetta (or bacon)
- ½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Handful of black olives
- 4 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 25g Parmesan shavings
- Put the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water and cook as per pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the pancetta or bacon under a hot grill until crispy
- Remove and drain the pancetta on kitchen paper before crumbling into large pieces
- Once cooked, drain the pasta. Return to the saucepan. Spoon over the Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto and add the olives and crème fraîche. Toss together and season
- Scatter over the pancetta and Parmesan and serve straight away