Our Favourite Recipes
Baked Cod with Basil Pesto & Puy Lentils
Filling and healthy, this baked cod dish is the ideal post-gym treat. Protein-packed puy lentils are simmered in fiery chilli, tangy tomato and aromatic garlic while a smear of Sacla' Reduced Fat Basil Pesto adds herby flavour to the fish.
- 4 cod fillets
- 4 tbsp. Sacla’ Reduced Fat Basil Pesto
- 250g sachet of puy lentils
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 180°C. Lay cod fillets in an oven-proof dish and spread the Pesto on the top of each fillet. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes in the oven.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook onions for 5 – 6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes and lentils. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve the cod on a bed of lentils with a wedge of lemon on the side and add basil to garnish.