Our Favourite Recipes
Garlic Pesto Toast
This garlic Pesto toast is made within minutes and is packed with flavour for a delicious savoury start to the day.
- In a shallow dish wide enough for a slice of bread, lightly beat together the egg, milk, Classic Basil Pesto, garlic, spring onion, parsley, (if using) and some salt & pepper.
- Put both sides of the bread into the egg mixture to soak up some of the liquid – don’t leave it to soak too long or it will be too soggy. Place on a plate.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on a plate and dip the bread to coat on both sides.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and put it over a moderate heat. Fry the bread, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping them with a spatula.
- The garlic Pesto toast is ready when golden brown and slightly crisp. Remove onto kitchen paper to briefly drain, then serve.