Our Favourite Recipes
Butternut Squash, Roasted Pepper Pesto & Lentil Salad
Get your five a day with this flavoursome salad. It's packed with roast squash, crisp green beans, colourful beetroot and crunchy kale on a bed of tender lentils. A big dollop of Sacla' Roasted Pepper Pesto adds a tangy taste.
- 500g butternut squash, cut into 2cm cubes
- 125g fine green beans, cooked and cooled
- 300g mixed lentils, cooked, drained and cooled
- 150g kale, blanched
- 1 rainbow beetroot, finely sliced
- 1/2 jar Sacla’ Roasted Pepper & Almond Pesto
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pre heat an oven to 180°C.
- Put the butternut squash on a baking tray and season. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the beans for 3-4 minutes until aldente then remove and set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients with the Roasted Pepper Pesto, then season and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.