Our Favourite Recipes
Breakfast Pesto Frittata
This protein-rich egg frittata is great for all occasions; whether it’s for a solo breakfast, brunch with friends or a quick grab and go.
- Roughly chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Pour the olive oil and the bacon in a medium-sized frying pan over a moderate heat. Fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and the Basil Pesto together with a fork and season with pepper. Stir in the red peppers, 60g of the grated cheese, the bread and parsley. Add the bacon but leave the oil in the pan.
- Put the pan back on a low to moderate heat, pour in the egg mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes until it’s a rich golden brown on the bottom and until the egg looks set around the edges. It will still be a little runny on the top.
- Preheat the grill, setting the shelf on high. Make sure the frying pan will fit underneath.
- Scatter the frittata with the rest of the cheese then grill for 3-4 minutes to cook the top and until golden. If the frying pan handle isn’t heatproof, be careful not to push it under the grill.
- Remove the pan from the grill and turn it out onto a plate and leave to cool a little before serving.