Black Bean Spaghetti with Mussel Sauce by Anna Del Conte
vegetarian low sugar
- Defrost the frozen mussels, reserving their juices.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well-salted boiling water, according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the saute pan on the heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the garlic, chilli and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Fry for one minute and as soon as the garlic aroma rises, add the Pesto, mussel juices and wine. Boil briskly for a couple of minutes to reduce the juices by approximately one third.
- Turn the defrosted mussels into the pan, reduce the heat and cook very gently for a minute to heat the mussels through in the sauce without letting them break up.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and turn it into a warmed serving bowl. Spoon the mussels and sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and squeeze over the lemon juice. Serve immediately.