Our Favourite Recipes
Truffle Pesto & Mushroom Filled Herby Crepes
This stuffed pancake recipe is great for a fun family dinner. Filled with mixed mushrooms, crème fraiche, indulgent Truffle Pesto, and Parmesan, and topped with a variety of herbs, it's all about heavenly homely flavours and food cooked with love.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted, plus 2 tbsp. extra for frying
- Small bunch dill, finely chopped plus extra for garnish
- Small bunch chives, finely chopped plus extra for garnish
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 500g mixed mushrooms such as shitake, chestnut, portobello, chopped
- 3 tbsp. crème fraiche
- ½ jar Sacla' Truffle Pesto
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together the eggs and milk with the melted butter. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly pour in the egg and milk mixture whisking all the time, bringing in the flour and whisking until you have a smooth loose batter. Set aside whilst you make the filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add mushrooms and cook over a fairly high heat until starting to turn golden and release their juices. Turn the heat up to high and cook until the juices have evaporated, and the mushrooms are tender and golden.
- Stir the crème fraiche into the mushrooms along with 2 tablespoons of Sacla' Truffle Pesto and stir in well. Season to taste with a little salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Add a small knob of butter to the pan and swirl around. Spoon in a ladleful of the batter and swirl around the pan and cook until set and golden this will only take a minute. Using a palette knife flip over and cook the other side for a further minute until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. When you have finished making the crepes, place one at a time on a chopping board and fill with the mushroom mixture and a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese, fold over and place in a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Mix the remaining Truffle pesto with the olive oil and drizzle over the top of the crepes. Place in the oven to heat through for just 10 minutes then serve with a crisp green salad.