Our Favourite Recipes
Stuffed Peppers with Baked Eggs, Spinach & Tomato Pesto
Make things extra easy with Pesto egg stuffed peppers for a mid-week meal to remember. Drizzle Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto over baked eggs for a sunny depth of flavour, and enjoy as a starter, side dish and light dinner.
- 4 mixed peppers, halved and seeds removed, keeping the stalk intact
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 220g bag baby spinach, wilted
- 2 tbsp. Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto plus extra drizzle for topping
- 8 Happy Eggs
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/170°C fan. Sit the peppers upturned in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the peppers in the oven to lightly roast for 10-15 mins. This is so that they soften, but they need to retain their shape, so keep an eye on them and don’t let them over cook.
- In a bowl, mix the wilted spinach with Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and lightly season.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, spoon a little of the spinach mixture into each one and make a well in each pepper.
- Carefully crack a Happy Egg into each hole, put the peppers back into the oven and bake for about 6-8 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle over a little more Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, some extra virgin olive oil, a few basil leaves and a little more freshly grated pepper.