Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Pasta alla Norma
Sicily's most famous pasta dish gets the 'hey Pesto' treatment. There's no need to sweat over salting aubergines, simply add a generous helping of Char-Grilled Aubergine & Roasted Garlic Pesto to a sauce of gently simmered cherry tomatoes and toss with penne and Pecorino cheese. Bellissima!
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 190g jar Sacla’ Char-Grilled Aubergine & Roasted Garlic Pesto
- Handful basil leaves plus few extra leaves for garnish
- Pecorino, grated or salted Ricotta
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for about 10-12 mins or as per pack instructions, drain well and return the pasta to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, season well and cook on a low heat for a couple of mins until the garlic begins to soften and you can smell it but be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and squash them down with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5-6 mins, stirring and squashing them occasionally. If the sauce is too watery from the tomatoes, drain a little of it away. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil then gently stir in the Char-Grilled Aubergine & Roasted Garlic Pesto before tossing everything together with the hot pasta.
- Spoon out onto serving dishes, and grate over Pecorino or Ricotta if using. Garnish with basil leaves to serve.