Our Favourite Recipes
Aubergine Pesto Parmigiana Terrine
Take advantage of aubergine's delicate flavour (enhanced by our wonderfully smoky Char-Grilled Aubergine Pesto) with this brilliantly easy – yet deceptively impressive – pasta terrine. Perfect for lunch or a starter.
- 100ml olive oil
- 3 aubergines sliced into 3mm thick rounds
- 250g penne pasta
- 250g mozzarella cheese, roughly grated
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 jar Sacla' Char-Grilled Aubergine & Roasted Garlic Pesto, reserving 1 tbsp. for serving
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 900g loaf tine with parchment paper. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the aubergine slices in batches until tender and golden. Drain on kitchen paper after each batch and repeat with the remaining aubergine slices.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the mozzarella, parmesan, Pesto and flat leaf parsley to the pasta and toss everything together well, seasoning with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on the bottom and sides of the tin overlapping so you have no gaps, reserve some slices for the top. Spoon the pasta mixture into the tin pressing in gently until fully packed.
- Arrange the remaining slices over the top of the pasta and place in the oven to bake for just 20 minutes. Leave to cool slightly then turn out onto a board and serve sliced into wedges. Place a slice on a plate. Mix the reserved tablespoon of the pesto with the extra virgin olive oil and drizzle this over the top of each slice and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley and serve with a crisp salad.