Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Pasta alla Trapanese
Rustle up one of Sicily's traditional family favourite pasta recipes. The sumptuous Trapanese sauce – based around the sunny richness of Sacla' Roasted Pepper and Crushed Almond Pesto – will be sure to take your pasta up a notch or two.
- 400g linguine
- 325g pack baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 large handful basil leaves (reserve a few for garnish)
- ¼ jar Sacla’ Roasted Pepper and Crushed Almond Pesto
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Pecorino cheese, grated plus extra to serve
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the linguine to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 10-12 mins or as per pack instructions. Drain and add back to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, Roasted Pepper & Crushed Almond Pesto, olive oil and Pecorino to a mixer and season well. Use the pulse button a few times until it is well combined but still retains some texture.
- Toss with the linguine, transfer to serving plates and top with a little more Pecorino and a few basil leaves to serve.