Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Chicken Traybake
Healthy, hearty and heart-warming… this dish has it all. Smother chicken thighs with Sacla' Roasted Pepper and Crushed Almond Pesto to create a fabulous depth of flavour as they bake. And serve it all in one tray - perfect for plonking in the centre of the table and letting everyone dig in.
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bone in
- 190g jar Sacla’ Roasted Pepper & Crushed Almond Pesto
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 leeks, trimmed and chopped on the diagonal
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Handful baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 170g green beans, trimmed and halved
- A few basil leaves for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan. Toss the chicken with the Roasted Pepper & Crushed Almond Pesto to coat (reserve a little Pesto for serving), and season well. Add the leeks and potatoes to a large roasting tin, toss with the olive oil and season well then add the chicken.
- Put in the oven to roast for about 45 mins to 1 hour until the potatoes are cooked and golden and the chicken is cooked through and has a crisp golden skin.
- While that is cooking, add the green beans to a pan of salted water and cook for about 5 mins until just tender, then drain well. Add the tomatoes to the tin for the last 10 mins of cooking and add the green beans for the last 5 mins.
- Spoon over the remaining Pesto and garnish with basil leaves to serve.