Our Favourite Recipes
Gennaro Contaldo's 'Nduja Pesto Bolognese
The secret ingredient in Gennaro Contaldo's spicy bolognese recipe is Sacla' 'Nduja Pesto. Filled with the fiery flavour of the famous Calabrian sausage, it adds punch to this classic beef, pork and red wine ragu.
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 1 onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 jar Sacla’ ’Nduja Pesto
- 200g minced beef
- 200g minced pork
- 200ml red wine
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 400ml stock
- 400g spaghetti
- Parmesan & drizzle of oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot then sweat on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the meat and brown all over.
- Increase the heat then add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree into the meat.
- Add the stock.
- Reduce the heat to a low temperature and cover with a lid, then cook on a gentle heat for 20 minutes, checking and adding a little extra stock from time to time to avoid the sauce drying out.
- During this time, cook the spaghetti and drain.
- Stir the Pesto into the ragu and season.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce and serve topped with lots of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.