Gennaro Contaldo's 'Nduja Pesto Bolognese
Click on the image above to watch a video of Gennaro creating his delicious 'Nduja Pesto Bolognese recipe.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot then sweat on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the meat and brown all over.
- Increase the heat then add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree into the meat.
- Add the stock.
- Reduce the heat to a low temperature and cover with a lid, then cook on a gentle heat for 20 minutes, checking and adding a little extra stock from time to time to avoid the sauce drying out.
- During this time, cook the spaghetti and drain.
- Stir the Pesto into the ragu and season.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce and serve topped with lots of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.