Our Favourite Recipes
Roasted Vegetable Risotto with Aubergine Pesto
A classic risotto recipe that heroes our smoky Char-Grilled Aubergine Pesto is perfect for any day of the week. Follow the traditional risotto method until the rice is al dente and the sauce silky-smooth, then finish with roasted courgettes and aubergines. Perfection.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 courgettes, cut into large 2.5cm pieces
- 2 peppers, red or yellow, cut into large wedges
- 1 small aubergine, cut into large 2.5cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 250g Arborio risotto rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- ¼ jar Sacla' Char-Grilled Aubergine Pesto
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/200°C fan . Arrange the courgette, peppers, aubergine and red onion on 2 baking trays in a single layer and drizzle over the olive oil. Toss everything together well and place in the oven to roast for 25 – 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking toss all the vegetables so they cook evenly until golden all over and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the risotto. Heat the butter in a saucepan and when melted add the onion and fry gently over a low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and rice and cook for just 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat and pour in the wine and simmer stirring well until reduced then start to add the stock a ladleful at a time stirring until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Keep adding the stock until the rice is cooked and creamy. This will all take about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and
- Char-Grilled Aubergine Pesto with a little salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon the risotto into serving bowls and top with the roasted vegetables and sprinkle over the fresh basil leaves.