Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Spaghetti Meatball Soup
This is a perfect comfort meal for you to come home and enjoy after a long day. A bonus is that it can be part of your meal prep for the week . Make in bulk and store in the fridge!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 beef meatballs, about 300g
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- 190g jar Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 500ml boiling water
- 1 level tsp. dried oregano
- 100g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- Pour the oil into a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Add the meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Lift out to a plate with a spoon.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan. You may need to add a little more oil if the meatballs aren’t particularly fatty. Cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes until softened and golden. Stir from time to time.
- Snap the spaghetti into four.
- Pour the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto into the pan, along with the boiling water. Add the meatballs, spaghetti and the oregano. The liquid should nicely cover everything.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the spaghetti is just cooked and al-dente and the mixture is nicely soupy. Add a little more boiling water if it needs it. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into warm bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley, if using.