Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Beef Hot & Sour Asian Salad
This mouth-watering Asian-inspired salad stars seared rump steak in a zesty lime, soy, chilli and ginger dressing, before it's tossed into Sacla’ Fresh Coriander & Red Chilli Pesto. Served on a bed of crunchy vegetables and noodles, this gorgeous dish is simply bursting with flavour.
- Juice from 1 lime
- Splash light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Pinch caster sugar
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely sliced
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 rump steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 carrots, peeled with a T-peeler
- 160g pack sugar snap peas, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 250g sweet mixed baby tomatoes or use baby plum, halved
- 190g jar Sacla’ Fresh Coriander & Red Chilli Pesto
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, soy and sugar, then season and add the chilli, ginger and garlic before stirring. Put to one side.
- Heat a griddle pan to hot, brush the steaks with the oil and add to the pan. Cook for about 2 mins each side, depending on how pink you like them. Remove the steaks and put them to one side.
- Sit the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water, then leave to soak for a couple of mins or as per pack instructions then drain and put to one side.
- To assemble the salad, slice the beef and add to a large bowl with the carrots, sugar snaps, onions and tomatoes, then tip in the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine before adding the Fresh Coriander & Red Chilli Pesto and tossing gently.
- Transfer the noodles to a serving plate then pile on the salad and beef and top with mint and basil leaves to serve.