Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding
- 250g Classic Milanese Panettone, cut into 1cm slices
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 400ml full-fat milk
- 400ml single cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tsp. demerara or soft brown sugar for sprinkling on top
- 250ml pouring cream (optional)
For the filling:
- 200g choose from marmalade, Sal De Riso Crem DeRí or any chocolate & hazelnut spread
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan
2. Slice the Panettone into 1cm slices. Spread with butter and then sandwich together with your choice of filling.
3. Lay the sandwiches of Panettone in a 20 x 30cm baking tin or ovenproof dish, overlapping.
4. Whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl.
5. Pour some of the egg mixture over the slices of colomba and allow to rest for five minutes. Repeat a couple more times, until all the mixture is used.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until brown on top and the sugar has caramelised, but make sure it still wobbles slightly.
7. Serve with pouring cream and/or add an extra dollop of Crem DeRí as desired.