Colomba Bread and Butter Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan
2. Slice the colomba into 1cm slices. Spread with butter and then sandwich together with your choice of filling.
3. Lay the sandwiches of colomba in a 20 x 30cm baking tin or ovenproof dish, overlapping.
4. Whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl.
5. Pour some of the egg mixture over the slices of colomba and allow to rest for five minutes. Repeat a couple more times, until all the mixture is used.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until brown on top and the sugar has caramelised, but make sure it still wobbles slightly.
7. Serve with pouring cream and/or add an extra dollop of Crem DeRí as desired.