Our Favourite Recipes
Gennaro Contaldo's Panettone Tiramisu
Transform leftover Panettone into a lush dessert with Gennaro Contaldo's twist on Tiramisu. Dunk in freshly brewed coffee, top with whipped mascarpone and dust with powdered chocolate. It's the perfect Boxing Day breakfast. What's Christmas without a bit of decadence?
- 250g Sal De Riso Classic Panettone
- 300ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp. coffee granules
- 250g Mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 50g icing sugar
- 4 shaped pieces of chocolate (for example a star or heart)
- Powdered coffee or chocolate to sprinkle
- Slice the panettone into 1cm slices then cut out 3 circles of panettone
- Add the coffee granules to the boiling water then pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip the circles of panettone into the coffee, turning once to make sure they are nicely soaked but not soggy. Then add the panettone circles to a dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar together then mix with the Mascarpone in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture on top of the panettone circles then sprinkle over some powdered coffee or chocolate.
- Pop the chocolate shapes into the mascarpone.