Our Favourite Recipes
Fiery Chilli Chocolate Brownies
The Mayans loved chilli in their hot chocolate, and we're adding it to this brownie recipe for a similarly unique kick. A little Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto stirred into the batter spices up these fudgy brownies nicely. Go on, dare to be different!
- 100g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30g coco
- 1/2 jar Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto
- Fresh chillies, very finely chopped (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC. Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave for 30 seconds at full power, or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Cool to room temperature. Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the Sacla' Pesto and the chillies to the chocolate mixture stirring well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Fold this in to give a fudgy batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle is still gooey. Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.