Our Favourite Recipes
Gennaro Contaldo's Creamy Pesto Pasta
Gennaro Contaldo takes a midweek staple to the next level by stirring single cream through Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto. Smoky pancetta, button mushrooms and sliced black olives make the lush, herby sauce even more special. Ideal with tagliatelle.
- Gently heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan.
- Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms then cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water as per the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add to the bacon, garlic and mushrooms, then stir together.
- Add the Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto, cream and the reserved cooking water to the pan.
- Season and mix gently. Add the olives and cook for a minute more.
- Place the pasta in a warm serving dish and sprinkle abundantly with Parmesan.