Gennaro Contaldo's Creamy Pesto Pasta
Click on the image above to watch a video of Gennaro creating his tasty family recipe of Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta.
- Gently heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan.
- Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms then cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water as per the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add to the bacon, garlic and mushrooms, then stir together.
- Add the Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto, cream and the reserved cooking water to the pan.
- Season and mix gently. Add the olives and cook for a minute more.
- Place the pasta in a warm serving dish and sprinkle abundantly with Parmesan.