Gennaro Contaldo's Salmon Pesto Pasta
Click on the image above to watch a video of Gennaro creating his delicious recipe of Salmon Pesto Pasta.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of lightly salted boiling water, as per the pack instructions. 1-2 minutes towards the end of cooking, add the peas. Drain the pasta and peas, reserving a little of the cooking water for later.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan.
- Lightly season the salmon fillets with a little salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side until lightly golden. Then place the fillets on a plate to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the onion and soften for a few minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for another 1-2 minutes until just tender.
- Add the cooked pasta, spinach, peas and a little of the reserved cooking water to the pan then stir to combine.
- Stir in the Pesto and herbs then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Gently break apart the salmon and fold these flakes into the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Serve, sprinkled with Parmesan shavings and a drizzle of olive oil.