Our Favourite Recipes
Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta
One of the ultimate pasta dish recipes, where bacon, mushrooms and black olives tumble through creamy, herby tagliatelle. The secret is adding some of the pasta water back as you stir through the pesto, which creates a beautifully silky sauce. Bellissima!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g tagliatelle
- ½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
- 150ml tub single cream
- 1 handful pitted black olives
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Gently heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan.
- Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms then cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water as per the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add to the bacon, garlic and mushrooms, then stir together.
- Add the Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto, cream and the reserved cooking water to the pan.
- Season and mix gently. Add the olives and cook for a minute more.
- Place the pasta in a warm serving dish and sprinkle abundantly with Parmesan.