Our Favourite Recipes
Parmesan Pesto Fried Eggs
Pesto, parmesan, avocado and eggs – what’s not to like?
1 medium ripe avocado, halved & stoned
4 rounded tbsp./30g Parmesan, finely grated
1 small gluten-free wrap
Salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly mash the avocado in a bowl.
- In a cold, medium-sized non-stick frying pan make a circle of cheese about 4cm in from the edges, leaving an empty space and enough room for the egg in the middle.
- Place over a moderate heat and cook for about 2 minutes until bubbling and starting to colour. Crack the egg into the middle. Cook for about 2 minutes, then when the white is set, drizzle over the Sacla’ Vegan Tomato Pesto. It’s ready when the cheese is crisp and golden, and the egg yolk is still runny.
- Use a spatula to gently loosen and prise the cheese and egg from the pan.
- Warm the gluten-free wrap, spread with avocado, top with the egg, season, and serve.