Our Favourite Recipes
Fiery Chilli Pesto Shakshuka
Shakshuka has taken over brunch menus – and for good reason. But did you know it also makes a brilliant supper dish? Simply sauté onions and peppers before adding spicy Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto and cracking in your Happy Eggs for a sure-fire hit of a recipe.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 mixed peppers, cut into strips
- 1-2 tbsp. Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto (depending on how hot you like it) plus extra drizzle for topping
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 large Happy Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, season well and cook on low heat for about 5-6 mins until beginning to soften, then add the peppers, stir and cook for a further 6-8 mins until soft.
- Stir through the Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto then tip in the tomatoes and simmer for about 10 mins until beginning to thicken. Stir through the chopped herbs and cook for a couple of mins. Taste and season again if needed.
- Transfer the mixture into 4 medium sized oven proof dishes and make a well in the middle of each one, then crack a Happy Egg into each hole.
- Sit them on a baking sheet and cover with a lid or an upturned baking sheet or roasting tin. Bake for about 6-8 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Garnish with chopped coriander to serve.
- If you prefer to cook on the hob in the frying pan, when the mixture is ready in the pan, make 4 wells in the pepper mix, and crack an egg into each hole, leaving plenty of space for the eggs to spread. Sit a lid on top and cook for about 6-8 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.