Our Favourite Recipes
Creamy Pesto Caprese Risotto
Who doesn’t love a risotto? This almost no-stir risotto needs very little attention, unlike classic risotto. Perfect for your busy days!
- 1 small onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 60g arborio risotto rice
- 3 rounded tbsp. Sacla’ Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 350ml boiling water, plus extra if needed
- 75g Mozzarella, roughly torn or chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- Few basil leaves, optional
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Pour the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook very slowly for 8-10 minutes until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the rice, then add the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and boiling water. Give it a good stir. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to a slow simmer. Leave to gently bubble away, stirring from time to time, for 20-22 minutes, until the rice is just cooked, but has a little ‘bite’ and the mixture is ‘soupy’ – that is, quite loose but not liquid. Add some boiling water if it needs it.
- Stir in the Mozzarella during the last 2 minutes, until the Mozzarella has just melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, spoon into a warm bowl, top with the cherry tomatoes and basil, if using, and serve.