Coronation Quiche with Basil Pesto
• 15g unsalted butter
• 500g spinach
• 200g feta, cut into 1cm cubes
• 4 tbsp Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 200g soured cream
• 100g double cream
• 2 tbsp cornflour
• 50g parmesan
• 500g ready-to-roll shortcrust pastry
1. Roll out pastry into a circle (to the thickness of a £1 coin) and lift into tin to line. Trim the edges before leaving to chill for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Line the pastry case with baking paper and beans. Place the tin on a baking sheet and blind bake for 15-20 mins. Remove from oven and carefully remove baking paper and beans. Return pastry to oven and cook for another 5 mins or until the base and sides are golden and crisp.
2. To make the filling, heat the butter in a frying pan until foaming. Add the spinach and gently fry for 1-2 mins until wilted, then squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer to a large plate and spread out to cool slightly. Once cooled, mix in the feta cubes. In a jug, combine the eggs, soured cream, double cream, cornflour, parmesan and Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto with a pinch of white pepper and salt.
3. Spread the spinach and feta over the base and pour the egg filling over. Bake in the oven for 40 mins, until set and golden. Remove and leave to cool slightly in the tin before cutting into slices to serve. Serve warm or cold.