Our Favourite Recipes
Tomato & Meatball Chitarrone
We love Rustichella's artisan pastas. Their chitarrone is particularly special, a rustic, square spaghetti with a lovely firm texture. In this recipe, the pasta is complemented by classic meatballs cooked in a rich tomato sauce.
- Soften the bread in milk. Put this in a bowl with the minced beef, egg and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Knead the mixture well.
- Lightly dampen your hands with water, take a portion of dough and mould into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and sauté for a few minutes over a low heat. Add the tomato puree, season with salt and cook with the lid on for 35 minutes. Add a little warm water if the sauce dries out.
- Gently put the meatballs in to the sauce and continue cooking for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the Chitarrone until al dente and drain well. Add the pasta to the sauce and meatballs. Add some basil and serve.