Our Favourite Recipes
Chickpea & Vegan Salad Cream Jacket Potatoes
Pack in some protein with these tasty jacket potatoes, created by @whatluceeats. Chickpeas and Sacla' Vegan Salad Cream are mixed with sharp red onion, floral dill, spicy chilli, crunchy sweetcorn and salty capers for a flavoursome punch.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tins chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 125g sweetcorn
- ¼ red onion (finely diced)
- ½ tsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 handful chopped spring onions
- 6 tbsp. Sacla' Vegan Salad Cream
- Mixed salad leaves
- ½ cucumber (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and rub the baking potatoes with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place them on a baking tray and cook them in the oven for 20 minutes, before turning the heat down to 180°C and cooking for a further 45 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, add the chickpeas to a large bowl and mash them.
- Next, add the red onion, sweetcorn, capers, salt, pepper, fresh dill, chilli powder, lemon juice and spring onions.
- Fold through Sacla' Vegan Salad Cream and put to one side.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool slightly before cutting a cross into them to open them up.,
- Stuff with the chickpea mix and sprinkle with some more fresh dill.
- Serve with a mixed leaf salad and cucumber. Enjoy!