Our Favourite Recipes
Pappardelle with Spiced Sausage and Arrabbiata Sauce
Big bowlfuls of authentic Italian pasta have never been easier. Choose your favourite spiced sausages, add a jar of richly intense Sacla' Arrabbiata Tomato & Chilli sauce …and revel in the flavours.
- 400g pappardelle pasta
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed, finely chopped
- 400g spiced sausages
- Half a jar of Sacla' Arrabbiata 980g Tomato and Chilli Sauce
- 4 tbsp. fresh parmesan, grated
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic, fennel seeds and rosemary and cook for a further minute.
- Split open the sausages and add the meat to the onion and gently fry breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add the Arrabbiata sauce and cook with sausages for 10 – 15 minutes until thickened.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the Pappardelle according to the packet instructions. Drain well reserving a ladleful of pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan with the reserved pasta water and gently toss everything together. Serve piled into bowls sprinkled with parmesan and extra flat leaf parsley.