Our Favourite Recipes
Coriander Pesto Jackfruit Kebab Wraps
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- Few fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g can young jackfruit in water, drained and shredded
- 190g jar Sacla’ Fresh Coriander & Red Chilli Pesto
- 2 flat breads or soft tortilla wraps, lightly warmed if you wish
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded or ½ cos lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red chill, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Handful coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp. plant-based yoghurt
- First prepare the red onions, then mix the red wine vinegar and sugar together in a bowl and add the red onion. Stir to coat the onion and put to one side, giving it a stir every so often so all the onions get immersed in the vinegar mixture.
- Mix the yoghurt with the mint leaves and put to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, season and cook for 2 mins, then stir through the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the jack fruit, cook for 5 mins, then stir in half the Fresh Coriander & Red Chilli Pesto and cook for another few mins.
- To prepare the kebab wraps, lay out the flat breads or tortillas on a board. Down the middle of each, spread over the remaining Pesto, then scatter over the chopped lettuce and top with the jackfruit mixture, tomatoes, chilli, drained red onions and yoghurt mixture. Scatter over coriander leaves and roll tightly, then slice in half on the diagonal and dig in!