Our Favourite Recipes
Basil Pesto Minestrone
Ready for something nourishing, quick and easy? Use Sacla' Vegan Basil Pesto to create this scrumptious Green Pesto Minestrone which is packed with veg and makes excellent leftovers too.
- Olive oil drizzle for frying
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 800ml veggie stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 120g pearl barley
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 handfuls cavolo nero or kale, stems removed and chopped
- ½ jar Sacla' Vegan Basil Pesto
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on a medium heat and once hot add in the chopped onion and celery. Gently sauté for 8-10 minutes until the onion starts to caramelise.
- Pour in the veggie stock followed by the barley. Stir everything together. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the barley is soft.
- Add in the frozen peas and cook for another 3 minutes. Add in the chopped kale, stir and cook for the final 2-3 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Stir in the Sacla' Vegan Basil Pesto and mix well. Turn off the heat and serve with a generous sprinkle of vegan Parmesan.