Our Favourite Recipes
Melt-in-the-Middle Truffle Pesto Potato Cakes
Stuffed with gooey Taleggio cheese and studded with herby chunks of Italian pork sausage, these potato cakes are the ultimate comfort food. A generous addition of Sacla' Truffle Pesto adds heady flavour and a touch of 'treat-yourself' decadence.
- 1kg floury potatoes
- 75g butter & extra to grease
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 150g Italian pork sausages, skin removed
- 75g grated parmesan
- 60g Taleggio cheese, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 jar Sacla’ Truffle Pesto
- Salt & pepper for tasting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease an ovenproof dish or loose-bottomed cake tin with some butter and dust with breadcrumbs.
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, heat a little oil in a small frying pan, add the sausages and cook for a few minutes, breaking them up into bitesize pieces, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain the potatoes well and mash together with 75g of butter. Stir in the parmesan, egg yolks, sausage, Truffle Pesto, some salt & pepper to taste, and combine well together.
- Place half of the mashed potato mixture in the prepared dish or cake tin, scatter over the Taleggio cheese, then cover with the remaining mashed potato mixture.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites and brush all over the top, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with butter. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for about 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Carefully tip the potato cake out of the tin or you can serve directly from the dish. Can be enjoyed hot or cold.