Our Favourite Recipes
Pesto Chicken with Garlic & Lemon Thyme
Try this roast chicken recipe for an Italian twist on a classic. You'll need garlic, lemon thyme, & Sacla' Char-Grilled Aubergine Pesto.
- Large bunch lemon thyme
- 2kg free-range or organic chicken
- 4 bulbs garlic
- 190g jar Sacla' Char-Grilled Aubergine & Roasted Garlic Pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
- Put the thyme in the centre of a large roasting tin and lay the chicken on top.
- Tip the garlic into a large jar, seal and shake vigorously to peel.
- Tip the peeled garlic into the roasting tin with the chicken.
- Loosen the skin on top of the breast then spoon the Sacla' Pesto between the skin and the breast meat.
- Drizzle the chicken with oil, season with salt and pepper then roast for 1 1/4 hours or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer or small knife.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes before carving. Serve with couscous.