Our Favourite Recipes
Egg Tagliatelle with Meat Sauce
This meaty tagliatelle recipe is super simple to make and is jam packed with rich flavours. It'll be sure to have the whole family smiling at the dinner table.
- 250g Tagliatelle
- 800g pureed tomatoes
- 250g ground veal
- 250g tied flank
- 100ml white wine
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 80g grated Parmesan cheese
- 30g butter
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a large pot and sauté the celery, the carrot and the onion with the garlic cloves, then add the flank and let it brown on all sides before adding the minced meat.
- Add salt and pepper then cook for approximately ten minutes before pouring on the wine and letting it evaporate.
- Add the tomato sauce and a pinch of nutmeg then bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat then add the butter and cook slowly for a few hours. When the meat is cooked, season with a few leaves of basil. Cut the meat into slices and keep warm.
- Boil the Tagliatelle and dress with the meat sauce before sprinkling with grated Parmesan. Serve garnished with the slices of meat.