Pea, Asparagus and Pesto Pizza
- 300g strong white bread flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. easy-blend dried yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 190g jar Sacla' Free From Basil Pesto
- 200g frozen peas
- Bunch of asparagus, sliced length-ways and blanched for 2 minutes
- 125g Mozzarella or Vegan Mozzarella
- Generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Large handful of rocket
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- To make the dough (or use pre-made if you prefer): put the flour, salt, and yeast in a food mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine, then slowly add the olive oil, beating as you go. Slowly add the water, until a smooth springy dough is formed. Keep beating - it should begin to slap around the edge of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for about 5 minutes until soft and springy. Put in a bowl, lightly oiled with olive oil, cover with cling film and leave somewhere warm to rise for a couple of hours.
- Knock the air out of it, divide into 2 balls, knead gently then sit the balls on a baking sheet and cover with cling film. Leave somewhere warm for a further 30 minutes, to rise further.
- To make the pizza: preheat the oven to its hottest temperature.
- On a lightly floured board, roll and stretch the dough out to make 2 pizza bases about 25 cm round. Place them on a pizza baking sheet.
- Spread the dough with Pesto, then top with asparagus and peas, scatter over the Mozzarella and drizzle over a little of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove and drizzle with a little more oil, sprinkle over the chilli flakes and top with rocket to serve.