Our Favourite Recipes
Lentil Bolognese Jackets with Feta
These flavour-packed jacket potatoes make midweek dinner extra special. Lentils give the Bolognese its hearty richness, while a jar of Sacla' Rooted In Nature Organic Bolognese sauce adds sunny Italian depth. Scroll down to watch the recipe video.
- 4 large roasting potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 150g beluga or puy lentils
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 500g jar Sacla' Rooted In Nature Organic Classic Bolognese
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g salted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/gas 4. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place in the oven on a baking tray and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for about 5 minutes until starting to soften, stir in the garlic, oregano and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Tip in the lentils and toss with the vegetables and then over a high heat add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the sauce and simmer for a further 20 minutes until the lentils and very tender and the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- For the garlic butter, place the butter in a bowl and mix together with the garlic and herbs and a pinch of salt. Spoon onto a sheet of cling film shaping into a log shape. Roll up and place in the fridge to firm up.
- Split open the potatoes and spoon over the lentil Bolognese and serve scattered with the crumbled feta cheese. Cut a round of garlic butter and simply place on top of the lentil bolognese and allow to melt into the mixture.