Our Favourite Recipes
Spelt Bowl with Halloumi & Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
Italy's ancient grains are packed with flavour and nutrition. Simply boil them in water, then add a jar of our sunny Sacla' Organic Sun-Dried Tomato Stir-In Sauce and serve with tender spiced cauliflower and halloumi for a scrumdidiliuptious meal.
- 200g spelt or faro
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 190g jar Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Stir-In Sauce
- 150g pack halloumi, sliced thickly
- 125g bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/gas 4. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and season with a pinch of salt. Add the spelt and cook for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower florets on a large baking tray and sprinkle with the paprika and oregano. Add a good pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss everything together well and place in the hot oven for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and browned.
- Drain the spelt and return to the pan, mix in the Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and heat gently for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick frying pan and cook the halloumi slices for a few minutes each side until golden.
- Ladle some spelt into serving bowls, add the cauliflower and halloumi, a handful of spinach leaves and squeeze over a little lemon juice and ground black pepper.