Our Favourite Recipes
Spiced Turkey Bolognese Pasta
Lean, nutritious turkey isn't just for Christmas, as this gorgeous recipe proves. Streaky bacon and Sacla' Rooted in Nature Organic Classic Bolognese Sauce make things extra easy and ensure this dish is bursting with flavour.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g minced turkey thigh
- 500g Rooted in Nature Organic Classic Bolognese Sauce
- 400g spaghetti
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a sacepan and add the bacon and cook for just a few minutes. Add the onion and carrot and cook over a very gentle heat for about 8 minutes until very soft but be careful don’t let it colour or burn. Add the garlic and cook for just a minute.
- Stir in the turkey mince and break it up using a wooden spoon. Turn up the heat and fry the mince until browned all over and any excess liquid has evaporated away.
- Add the Rooted in Nature Organic Tomato and Basil Sauce and turn the heat down leave to simmer uncovered over a very gentle heat for about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain reserving a small cup of cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pan and add the sauce and reserved pasta water. Toss everything together well and serve in bowls with extra fresh basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan.