Leek & Potato Soup with Chilli Pesto
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt & black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 leeks, trimmed, washed & finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 jar Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto
- Crusty bread, sliced and griddled or lightly toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion, season and cook for 2 mins. before adding the garlic and cooking for a further minute.
- Add the leeks and potatoes, stir and cook for a few mins. Pour in the hot stock, bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer and cooking for approx. 20 mins. until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in ¼ - ½ jar Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto depending upon your heat preference.
- Whizz in a blender or liquidiser, topping up with water if too thick.
- Ladle into serving bowls, spread the toast with the remaining Fiery Sacla’ Chilli Pesto and serve.