Slow Cooker Fiery Chilli Pesto Con Carne
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 500g beef mince
- 1 jar Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml beef stock
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Basmati rice with fresh coriander stirred through
- Sour cream to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, halved, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime - juice
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Add the oil, onion, garlic, oregano, beef mince, Fiery Chilli Pesto, carrots, chopped tomatoes and stock into the slow cooker. Put the lid on and cook on high for 5 hours. Taste and season some more if needed.
2. Toss the cherry tomatoes, onion and olive oil together then season and set aside.
3. Mix the avocado with chilli, lime juice and coriander and season to taste.
4. Once cooked, transfer the beef chilli to serving bowls with rice and top with the tomato salsa, guacamole and a drizzle of sour cream. Garnish with coriander leaves if using.