Our Favourite Recipes
Leek & Potato Soup with Chilli Pesto
Sometimes the difference between humdrum and humdinger can be the simplest of twists. In this soup recipe hack, a blast of Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto transforms comforting leek and potato soup into something altogether more exciting.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt & black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 leeks, trimmed, washed & finely chopped (you can use frozen leeks if you don't have fresh ones)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 jar Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto
- Crusty bread, sliced and griddled or lightly toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion, season and cook for 2 mins. before adding the garlic and cooking for a further minute
- Add the leeks and potatoes, stir and cook for a few mins. Pour in the hot stock, bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer and cooking for approx. 20 mins. until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in ¼ - ½ jar Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto depending upon your heat preference
- Whizz in a blender or liquidiser, topping up with water if too thick
If you don't have time or have all the ingredients to make soup, simply stir through a spoonful of Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto to a ready-made soup for a spicy kick.