Our Favourite Recipes
Coronation Pesto Chicken with Rice Salad
Planning a Coronation party? We've created a majestic take on Coronation Chicken, the dish originally made for the Queen’s coronation in 1953. Our Coronation Pesto Chicken with Rice is deliciously fresh with chicken, Parma ham, crunchy salad, risotto rice, pine nuts tossed through a dressing made with our Classic Basil Pesto and crème fraiche. The crowning glory of your party.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 slices Parma ham
- Olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 120g cucumber, sliced
- 400g cooked Risotto rice cooled
- 120g celery, sliced
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- 50g mange tout
- 15g toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan shavings
- Balsamic glaze
- Basil to garnish
- ½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
- 130g mayonnaise
- 130g crème fraiche
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of Parma ham then place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until the ham is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Take the chicken out of the oven and leave to cool before slicing.
- While the chicken is cooling prepare the cherry tomatoes by slicing around the middles in a zig-zag pattern to make little flower shapes then use a flower shaped cutter to make cucumber flower slices.
- Make the dressing in a large bowl by mixing the Pesto, mayonnaise and crème fraiche together with some freshly ground black pepper. Stir the rice through the dressing along with the celery, chives and cooled chicken. Then gently mix through the tomato and cucumber flowers and spoon onto a serving platter.
- Use a smaller flower cutter to cut out little mange tout flowers and sprinkle these over the platter along with the pine nuts and parmesan shavings. Drizzle over some balsamic glaze and a few basil leaves and enjoy!