Chicken with Pesto Roasted Vegetable Couscous by Rachel Allen
Couscous is quick to prepare and fool proof.
It offers endless possibilities so you can have great fun, creating
your own masterpiece, using different combinations of vegetables and protein.
- Olive oil
- 8 Chicken mini fillets
- 1 jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 150g/ oz couscous
- 8 asparagus spears, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 2 courgettes, cubed
- 250g small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 150g Ricotta
- Fresh chopped basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Fan oven/Fahrenheit/Gas mark.
- Put the courgette on a baking tray and drizzle with oil until coated. Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then add the tomatoes and asparagus. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, season the chicken and fry with a little oil until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the couscous according to pack instructions and fluff up with a fork. Mix half of the Pesto with 2 tbsp of oil and stir through the couscous.
- Top the couscous with the roasted vegetables and dollop on the Ricotta and remaining Pesto.
- Serve, topped with chicken the fillets and scattered with basil.
- Make it yours - for any vegetarians amongst you, swap the chicken with halloumi cheese and use Sacla’ Free From Pesto.