Classic Basil Pesto Risotto with Peas and Watercress
- 25g butter
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 50g uncooked risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto or 2 Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto Pots
- 100g frozen garden peas
- 2 handfuls of fresh watercress
- Freshly grated Parmesan, to garnish
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and olive oil, add the onions and cook until softened but not coloured.
- Add the risotto rice and stir to ensure all the grains are coated.
- After one minute, add the white wine and allow the rice to fully absorb the liquid, then add a ladle of the warm vegetable stock and allow the rice to absorb. Repeat the process with the remaining vegetable stock.
- Add the Pesto and peas and stir through. Keep on the heat until the rice is cooked, season and serve immediately with fresh watercress and a grating of Parmesan.