An inspiring recipe for leftover turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooked spouts, roughly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 180g pack of whole cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 90g jar Sacla' Truffle Pesto
- 400g leftover cooked turkey, roughly shredded
- 200ml double cream
- 8 sheets of lasagne
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sprouts, season well and cook for a couple of mins until just beginning to colour, stir in the chestnuts and cook for a minute more.
- Add the Truffle Pesto and stir to combine then add the turkey and cream a little at a time until desired consistency. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally until turkey is piping hot. Taste, season some more if required and put to one side.
- Add the lasagne sheets to a pan of boiling water and cook until al dente, drain, separate and cut each one in half widthways.
- To assemble, lay a square of lasagne on a serving plate and layer up with the mixture and three more lasagne sheets. Sprinkle over parsley to serve, top with basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper and dig in!