Beef ‘Al Forno’ with Whole Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 400g large conchiglioni (large pasta shells)
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 jars Sacla' Whole Cherry Tomato & Parmesan Sauce
- 2 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Add pasta to a pan of salted, boiling water and cook for 10 mins. until just becoming tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onion, season well and cook for 2 mins. until soft. Stir through the garlic and cook for 1 min. more.
- Add the mince and cook until no longer pink. Tip in 1 jar Sacla’ Whole Cherry Tomato & Parmesan Sauce, stir and simmer for 30 mins., adding hot water if it begins to dry out.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the pasta shells and place in a baking dish. Pour over the remaining Sacla’ Whole Cherry & Parmesan Sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 mins. Remove the foil for the last 10 mins. of cooking and sprinkle over the Parmesan.