Pesto prawn, pea and pasta salad
THIS SALAD IS PERFECTLY portable, so is ideal for picnics and lunchboxes and, of course, you can add your favourite vegetables too.
- 175g pasta, such as penne, shells or twists
For the dressing
- ½ jar Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the salad
- 125g frozen peas
- 125g frozen broad beans
- 225g large prawns, cooked and peeled
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Basil leaves, to serve
- First make the dressing by combining the Pesto and the oil and adding some salt and pepper.
- Next, bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta, return to the boil and cook for 8–10 minutes or, until cooked to your liking. Drain well, transfer to a large bowl and stir the Pesto dressing through.
- Blanch the peas and broad beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry. Dry the prawns.
- Now assemble the salad, adding the peas, broad beans, prawns and parsley to the pasta. Toss well and serve at once, topped with the toasted pine nuts and garnished with basil leaves.